Government | Departments
Garbage & Refuse
The Town of Holland has contracted with Waste Management for weekly curbside collection of refuse and recyclables. Only Waste Management totes will be serviced.
Learn what you can and can't recycle by visiting the Waste Management Recycling Guide
- All refuse must be within three feet of the roadside by 6:00 a.m. on pickup day.
- Place garbage and refuse in bags in the totes supplied by Waste Management. In addition, one large item is allowed weekly. Maximum weight is 60 pounds.
- All recyclables, tin cans, clear glass and plastics need to be rinsed or cleaned. They can be placed together in a recycling bin.
- Brush or scrap wood must be bundled and tied in four-foot lengths.
- You may purchase stickers @ $1.00 each for additional bags at the Town Hall.
- Newspapers/magazines should be placed in a brown paper bag.
- waste resulting from the handling, storage, sale, preparation, cooking or service of foods
- light bulbs
- empty paint cans (latex only)
- regular household waste
- any non-recyclable item
- yard waste
- Christmas trees
Do Not Include
- oils/oil barrels
- paste board barrels
- warm/hot ashes
- 55-gallon drums
- flammable materials left by contractor
- asbestos board
- pool chemicals
- automobile batteries or parts
- railroad ties
- suspicious waste or any other waste required by law to be disposed of at a hazardous waste facility
Appliances may be picked up by the Town on Mondays, from April through October. To schedule an appointment for pickup, please call 537-9443, ext. 2.
Tires, batteries and propane tanks may be taken to the Town Highway Building on Edgewood Drive from April through October.
Town of Holland drop-off site is Holland Highway Garage, 14 Edgewood Drive on the following Saturdays in 2014: June 14, July 12, Aug. 9, and Sept. 13, from 9 a.m. until 12 Noon. The following equipment is eligible: computers, TVs, small-scale servers, monitors, keyboards & mice, fax machines, scanners, printers, VCRs, DVRs, portable, digital music players, DVD players, digital converter boxes, cable or satellite receivers, electronic or video game consoles.
Call June McArthur (Clerk) at 716-537-9443, ext. 3