Government | Departments
Garbage & Refuse
The Town of Holland has contracted with Waste Management for weekly curbside collection of refuse and recyclables. Only Waste Management totes will be serviced.
Learn what you can and can't recycle by visiting the Waste Management Recycling Guide
- All refuse must be within three feet of the roadside by 6:00 a.m. on pickup day.
- Place garbage and refuse in bags in the totes supplied by Waste Management. In addition, one large item is allowed weekly. Maximum weight is 60 pounds.
- All recyclables, tin cans, clear glass and plastics need to be rinsed or cleaned. They can be placed together in a recycling bin.
- Brush or scrap wood must be bundled and tied in four-foot lengths.
- You may purchase stickers @ $1.00 each for additional bags at the Town Hall.
- Newspapers/magazines should be placed in a brown paper bag.
- waste resulting from the handling, storage, sale, preparation, cooking or service of foods
- light bulbs
- empty paint cans (latex only)
- regular household waste
- any non-recyclable item
- yard waste
- Christmas trees
Do Not Include
- oils/oil barrels
- paste board barrels
- warm/hot ashes
- 55-gallon drums
- flammable materials left by contractor
- asbestos board
- pool chemicals
- automobile batteries or parts
- railroad ties
- suspicious waste or any other waste required by law to be disposed of at a hazardous waste facility
Garbage, refuse, and recyclables collected by Waste Management.
Only Waste Management totes will be serviced, along with one large item placed at roadside weekly. Recycling totes will be serviced every other week. Any questions call: June McArthur 537-9443 Ext. 3. Appliances may be picked up by the Town on Mondays from April 1st through October 1st. Schedule a pickup, call 537-9443 Ext. 2. Tires (residential tires only, with a 4 tire limit no rims allowed. No commercial tires will be accepted), batteries and propane tanks may be taken to the Town Highway Building on Edgewood Dr from April 1st through October 1st. We do not accept waste oil, sealers, paints, couches, or mattresses.
Town of Holland drop-off site is Town Highway Building. 14 Edgewood Dr ONLY ON THE FOLLOWING SATURDAYS FROM 9AM TO NOON: June 12th, July 10th, & August 14th. IT IS ILLEGAL TO DROPOFF OTHERWISE. THERE IS VIDEO SURVEILLANCE. The following equipment is eligible: computer equipment, TVs, fax machines, VCRs, DVRs, DVD players, satellite receivers, and digital converter boxes will be accepted.
HAZARDOUS WASTE AND ELECTRONICS DROP-OFF
Saturday, September 18th 8:00 AM-NOON. Colden Fire Hall, Center St and Partridge Rd
FOR ADDITONAL INFORMATION CONTACT: June McArthur – 537-9443 Ext. 3
Town of Holland drop-off site is Holland Highway Garage, 14 Edgewood Drive on the following Saturdays in 2021: June 12, July 10, and Aug. 14 from 9 a.m. until 12 Noon. The following equipment is eligible: computers, TVs, small-scale servers, monitors, keyboards & mice, fax machines, scanners, printers, VCRs, DVRs, portable, digital music players, DVD players, digital converter boxes, cable or satellite receivers, electronic or video game consoles.
Call June McArthur (Clerk) at 716-537-9443, ext. 3