Holland Fire District
The Holland Fire District Board of Commissioners — 2013
- Scot Pangel 2009-2013
- Charles Thum 2010-2014
- Robert Gilbert 2011-2015
- Phillip Barber 2012-2016
- David Roth 2013-2017
The Holland Fire Department Line Officers — 2013
- Mike O’Connor Chief
- Timothy Major 1st Assistant Chief
- Donald Corey 2nd Assistant Chief
- Matthew Roberts 3rd Assistant Chief
- Sue Corey EMS Captain
The Holland Fire Department Officers — 2013
- Deb Major, President
- Geoff Hack , Vice President
- Laurie Sullivan, Secretary
- Michael Hoppe, Treasurer
The Holland Fire Department was organized in 1893 with ten charter members: John Bolender, D.F. Tanner, W.W. Bucknam, A.H. Griggs, P.N. Cullen, Henry Spaulding, James Templeton, Paul J. Wurst, W.W. Spaulding, and R. W. Templeton. Henry Spaulding was the first chief and D. F. Tanner, the first assistant. The Holland Fire Department was chartered in 1894, and the original fire house was built from 1894 to 1896.
Holland purchased its first motorized, open cab fire truck in 1931. In 1939, Engine 2 was purchased. The ambulance service, which started in 1968, has proven to be an important part of the Fire Company’s operation.
With the growth of the community and the acquisition of additional firefighting equipment, the need for a new fire hall became evident. This was built in 1976 next to the existing fire hall. The first floor of the original fire hall is utilized by the Holland Historical Society, and the second floor provides a meeting place for the volunteer firemen.
In 1992, the fire commissioners started a substation on Hunters Creek Road to better serve the Vermont Hill/Hunters Creek area, as much growth had taken place there.